Introduction about Dexpot
If you often have more than one window open at a time, then Dexpot Virtual Desktop can help make your life easier. It allows you to organize your digital workspace into multiple virtual desktops and switch between them quickly. To learn more about Dexpot virtual desktop and how it works, keep reading!
What is Virtual Desktop?
Virtual desktop is a software application that allows you to have multiple desktops. You can switch between the different desktops by using hotkeys or mouse actions.
Virtual Desktop is a free and open source virtual desktop manager. It runs on Linux, Windows and macOS systems using X11 server (Xorg). The project’s website offers instructions for setting up various distributions of Linux as well as other operating systems such as FreeBSD, OpenBSD or NetBSD. Virtual Desktop also supports Wayland display servers via XWayland protocol.
You can arrange the windows in your virtual desktop in any order you like. To do so, simply drag and drop them around on the screen. If you want to move multiple windows at once, hold down [Ctrl] while dragging them. You can also use keyboard shortcuts for moving windows:
- [Ctrl]-[Arrow Keys]: Move window left/right
- [Ctrl]-[Up Arrow]: Maximize window height-wise
- [Ctrl]-[Down Arrow]: Minimize window width-wise
If you’re new to Dexpot, it might be helpful to start with a quick overview of how the software works.
- Download and install Dexpot. The process is easy and takes only a few minutes.
- Once installed, run it from your desktop or Windows Taskbar (it will appear in the systray).
- Click on the “Create New Desktop Layout” button on the main screen:
- This will open a dialog box where you can define your new virtual desktop layout by choosing window positions for each of its windows. You can use any combination of maximized windows or full-screen applications (like games), but most people prefer to keep their taskbar visible so that they don’t lose track of running programs while working with them on their virtual desktops!
The Dexpot Taskbar Icon in the Systray
In the systray, there is a small gray icon like a monitor. This is your Dexpot Taskbar Icon. You can click it to open the Desktop Manager. It’s the only icon in the systray, so you won’t have any trouble finding it!
Switching Between Desktops
You can switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl-Tab.
You can switch between desktops by clicking the Dexpot icon in the systray.
You can switch between desktops using the desktop manager, which is available from within your virtual desktop or from within any other virtual desktop’s taskbar.
Creating New Desktops
- Create a new desktop by pressing the hot key.
- Create a new desktop by clicking the plus sign in the Desktop Manager.
- Create a new desktop by right-clicking on an empty space on the Taskbar and choosing “Add New Desktop.”
The Desktop Manager
The Desktop Manager is the main menu in Dexpot. It is where you can manage your virtual desktops and create new ones. You can also use it to edit and delete virtual desktops if you wish to do so.
Dexpot can be controlled with hot keys. Hot keys are shortcuts for common actions and can be used to switch between desktops, create new desktops, arrange windows on the desktop and much more.
The following table shows the default keyboard shortcuts in Windows 7.
Dexpot virtual desktop is a good way to manage and organize digital work spaces
Dexpot is a free software for managing and organizing digital work spaces. It’s a virtual desktop manager, which means it moves your windows between monitors when you switch between desktops, letting you focus on what matters most.
Dexpot runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, so there’s no need to switch between operating systems to manage multiple desktops.
- Create unlimited virtual desktops
- Make each one of them as a separate operating system with its own settings, files and apps.
- Switch between them with a single hotkey or click of the mouse.
Dexpot Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dexpot Virtual Desktop?
Dexpot is a virtual desktop software that allows you to create and manage as many desktops as you want. You can use multiple monitors and assign each monitor to a virtual desktop, so that you can easily switch between them.
What does Dexpot Virtual Desktop do?
Dexpot Virtual Desktop gives you the ability to create multiple desktops with different backgrounds, icons, and more. It also allows you to easily switch between them with a hotkey or by clicking on an icon in your taskbar.
How do I use Dexpot Virtual Desktop?
Setting up your virtual desktop is easy! Just download the installer for your operating system from our website and run it on your computer. You'll be prompted to choose which monitor(s) you'd like to use for each virtual desktop—you can have as many as four monitors per virtual machine! Once that's done, just enter in a name for each of your desktops and click "Create." That's it! Now click on one of the icons in your taskbar or use the hotkey combination (default is ALT+SHIFT+1-9) to switch between desktops
Dexpot virtual desktop is a good way to manage and organize digital work spaces. It allows you to create multiple desktops, control their size and position, change their appearance with different themes and apply custom settings. If you’re looking for more ways to organize your PC or Mac desktop, then Dexpot could be just what you need! Download it now on HTWARES!